1) Why should someone attend?
-To meet people for no other reason than to get to know them, and let them get to know you, and ultimately expand your social- and professional circles with like-minded people.
2) Who can be a host?
- Anyone active on #GIESeries and with a network large enough to assure a minimum of 15 attendees.
- If you would like to become an ambassador, just schedule a call with one of us.
We would love to get to know you, why you want to become a host and how we can help you.
3) How is an event organized?
☛ Find a suitable informal venue, such as a co-working space
☛ Keep the event pitch-free and focus on the people and not sponsors
☛ Focus on quality over quantity, many of the most successful events have been small in size
☛ Create an environment that allows for meaningful interaction among attendees
☛ Whilst speakers are ok at larger events, focus on more face-to-face interactions, than audience to speaker interaction
☛ The purpose of a speaker, facilitator or small panel is to welcome people, add value, share stories, and create an inclusive environment
Sounds good - Schedule a call with one of us!
4) Can I use the hashtag #GIESeries?
You can, but please...
- Use it with UPPER and lower case ☛ #GIESeries
- If you add other words to it ☛ #GIESeriesNewYork make sure you still use the standalone #GIESeries on the post
It's very difficult to find your meetup, validate the authenticity and track engagement if you use it in another way (which would be sad).
5) Can my company host GIESeries ?
- GIESeries meetups are about the individual and connecting people to people.
- They are also pitch free and therefore organized by individuals rather than companies.
Meetups can be sponsored by companies if it provides i.e. free space or food for attendees.
6) How often can GIESeries be held?
This is entirely up to you.
Some cities run events twice a month, once a month, bi-monthly or quarterly.
7) Can there be more than one GIESeries per city?
If there is a planned event in your city already, please visit that before deciding to create your own. We also encourage you to get in touch with the current host(s), to collaborate and contribute to your community, which is the purpose of the concept.
Due to the popularity in some cities, we have appointed a city ambassador with the responsibility to connect the different hosts and ensure that events do not clash and hosts are working together.
IMPORTANT: this is not a popularity contest - we are stronger together and the concept is built to bring people together not against each other.
Until date, the most successful events have been co-hosted.
8) I live in a very small city, can I host a GIESeries?
The first GIESeries was launched and took place in a small nation, Singapore. Some cities have run very successful events with less than 10 attendees. It's about quality rather than quantity.
Just send us a little hello and ask, we are super happy to help as well as improve the concept
Your GIESeries team